Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Poem 7/30 - Typewriter



I was always told I’d fall for someone older;
Yet, our generational gap quickly closed with each encounter.
Even knowing your history; your previous partners’ intimidation left
My mixed feelings stayed lost between competition and comparison.
Still, you never failed to spell everything out so neatly,
With a clarity that I never wish to part.

Now it seems there’s rarely a thought of my own
That I don’t anxiously wish to share with you.
Easily allowing minutes to melt into hours
Just sitting with you,
Patiently you allow me to sort through my perspectives
Forgiving enough even to allow me to revise the errors of my ways.

While appalled by those who only see you as a tool,
With such a physique, I cannot fully fault them.
At times even I fall,
Guilty of my own lustful desires to push your buttons.
But physical attraction is far surpassed by our level of intimacy,
Because while I continue to work on all that I can give to you,
You dig deep within and bring my best ideas to life
Always helping to bring out my creativity.

 ----------------------------------------------
Prompt from http://www.napowrimo.net/
Write a love poem about an inanimate object.

No comments:

Post a Comment