Monday, May 6, 2013

Pages from my notebook: A Series of Unlikely Explanations


"Bright blue skies appear before me
But not as far as the eye can see,
Rather its entire existence, even down to color
Depending on how far drawn my wax crayon-equipped hand can reach
Left at the mercy of a flick of my wrist
To suddenly becoming a purple sunrise to a green sunset

Under this sky grows a rooted miracle,
The fruit it bears still leaves it type undetermined:
A banana, above an orange, next to an apple, under a lime, across from a kiwi.
A crop completely customized to my taste buds liking
Revealing its true ideal image.

Yet even my mastery of such feats,
Taking control of the sky's appearance
Inventing biological impossibilities through trees;
Still I have yet to unlock the mysteries of seeing through invisibility.
Based on what everyone keeps telling me,
No matter how I look at it, I only see 1 parent instead of 2

And that's what it all means to me."

Smiled the child finishing in front of his class.
Taking his picture and his seat,
Eagerly waiting to see who would be next for show-and-tell.

♥Reesie

No comments:

Post a Comment