Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pages from my notebook: Love's Last Dance

My heart dances for you

Always quick-stepping over arguments,
Only to waltz right back into them.
Your interpretive style drives me wild.
Still, I find myself  dizzy,
Tangoing through the tangles
Between my love and lust for you

You and me, always seen as the perfect pair

Our footwork always battling to take lead
Occasionally causing you crushed toes
Often leaving me with a crushed ego
Now there's no way I can promenade around this square any more
I must finally draw the line
Putting you behind me,
As I back it up  & out of this relationship
♥Reesie
  
(Note: Prompted to write an "un-love" poem, I enjoyed taking my pen to the dance floor for this piece.)

1 comment:

  1. powerful....i really like this! Tangoing through the tangles between my love and lust for you. Wow! Keep it up

    ReplyDelete