Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Taking on my first 30/30

Discipline...Perseverance...Dedication

All attributes I would often attribute to myself in my thoughts and rarely take the initiative to demonstrate through my actions. After many years of successfully getting by with mediocre efforts and socially-acceptable feigned expressions/commitments, the ease of justifying why it is best to avoid any opportunities to do otherwise became mere child's play.

So of course the rumor of the near approaching 30/30 for the month of April seemed only the perfect thing that could easily be entertained in conversations a flash of a smile and the response, "sure, why not give it a shot - it should be fun." Then entered the 30/30 a towering challenge that stood with the words, "Discipline," "Perseverance," and "Dedication" scribed into it's foundation.  30 poems in 30 days - a simple task, no big deal, anyone could do that...or not.  My excited anticipations soon changed keys to a more somber sound as doubtful thoughts began to sing throughout my mind.


"Who would care if you did complete this challenge"
"What makes you qualified for this challenge?"
"When are you going to give-up on this idea already?"
 "Where do you get the confidence to take on this challenge"
 "Why bother giving an effort?"

Maybe I may have bitten off more than I can chew with this specific goal - however I rather choke on overindulging as I work to achieve this goal rather than starve on the underdeveloped habits of wishing for the outcomes I want. So I guess the proof will be in the next 30-days pudding.

Summary:
This April 2013, I have decided to take on the 30/30 challenge of writing 30 poems in 30 days. Snapshots of my progress on this journey will be added through some of my daily pieces to this blog.

Well, wish me luck and enjoy!

♥ Reesie

No comments:

Post a Comment